Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Duh...

As much fun as one might think it might be to blog with oneself, well, I'm here to say that it really isn't.

So I need to advertise the blog to get people to visit with me? Hmmm...what a concept.

I bit the bullet and posted it on facebook that I write, that I'd written a book and that I have a blog! Nothing like laying all my vulnerability out naked on the table for all to see! Eek!

But it is a necessary step, and frankly, isn't the scariest thing in the world. Submitting your work to a critique group, now THAT is scary!

I also mentioned in my post my bucket list. Ah, yes, we all know the movie that term was coined from. And we all have a bucket list. Those things we all want to do before we die. So, I believe first hand, that saying of write your goals down and you will achieve them. That is what my bucket list is. My goals and dreams. And listed below is my bucket list. What's yours? Give my your top ten items that would be on your bucket list. Heck, it could be twice that or half that. What do you want to do before you die?

1. Write and publish a novel
2. Run a 5K
3. Raise my daughters to be strong women
4. Visit Austrailia
5. Take a cruise
6. Learn sign language
7. Own land where my man and kids can play
8. Watch my daughters get married and start their own families
9. Be debt free
10. Travel to all 50 states

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this with me! I am so proud of your accomplishements and I admire your perserverence to make your dreams come true!!! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to reading your first book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa. My bucket list is similar to yours. I also write down my goals. I'm hoping to get my manuscripts published one day. I would love to travel to America and the UK and meet all my writing pals.

    I live in Australia in a rural costal village, where the kangaroos and wallabies roam around our garden. It's great inspiration for my writing. I also volunteer for a wildlife rescue, something I've always wanted to do. I combine that with my writing.

    One of my dreams is already coming true. My tiny grandchildren are moving closer to us. They will be even more inspiration for my writing as I write children's stories, but I've ventured out and started writing a Y/A novel.

    Good luck with your dreams. I hope they all come true.

    ReplyDelete