Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tough Love

Quote of the Day: Laughter is a glimpse into the human soul.

Janet Reid is another favorite agent I've come across. I love her blog. She scares the hell out of me, but I think she is a phenomenal agent. She is blunt and too the point. Janet reminds me of Simon Cowell. She will tell you what you need to hear, and not sugar coat it to spare your feelings. She wants to help you improve your writing. Its up to you to take her advice and apply it. I have to respect that.

Here is a link to her blog.

You can bet I'll be checking out the book she refers to. Because whether she is my agent or not, she is still trying to make me a better writer. I have to value that and I will take her advice.

Have a fantastic week!

1 comment:

  1. Think about creating great conversations instead of hard selling. This means listen more than talk. If you find yourself doing most of the talking, then you aren't actually selling. It seems odd, but it's your goal to look for problems that the person has and solutions where your product makes sense. And this starts with the ears, not the mouth.play bazaar

    ReplyDelete